Monday, April 5, 2010

Mission Trip 1:

I will be leaving on a mission trip to an undisclosed location (I know where I am going but I don’t think I am supposed to post it online) on April 20th. The ministry I am going through was established to raise funds and offer relationship support to a sister ministry in another country. The foreign ministry has a goal of reaching every high school student in that country. They offer weekly bible studies to the students and encourage them to share Christ with their friends. Religion is not encouraged there and high school there is much like a boarding school here. The students are away from their parents, churches and anyone else that may have a positive religious influence on them (assuming they would even have one at home). The government is god in this country.


The actual trip I am going on is to a graduation camp for seniors and juniors. The seniors are graduating and passing on the leadership rolls to the juniors. I am very excited for my trip. I am very excited to allow Christ to use me to reach these kids. I only hope I don’t allow myself to get in the way of God’s work. Prayers are needed and appreciated from anyone.


The ministry here in the US that was set up to support the foreign ministry is Live for Christ Ministries. You can visit them online at l4cm.org. The organization is in need of financial support and you can go on and set up a one time donation or recurring donations. You can also go on to get information about future mission trips. The guy who founded this organization is in my bible study and is a great guy. I am confident in the goals of this ministry because I know where his heart is, and it is with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment